Friday, October 10, 2008

When It`s Time Too Ride


Oh Yes ! Many of you have been asking , "But Mr. Geezor, how will I know when the time is right to get out and ride my fixed gear bike all over the side of some mountain?" That of course is a very serious question that only you can truly answer but let me offer one possible list of guide lines which works for me.
If the voice in my head runs from one side of it`s cage to the other looking for a way out.
If I inhale and forget to exhale.
When the world I`m trying to please starts laughing in unison and the check that`s in the mail seems to be lost.
If the last dozen or so calls I`ve gotten were computer generated attempts to prey on me.
If the stobe light effect used in most TV commercials to break me down seems like my friend.
When I`ve woken up, run to the phone and answered a friend`s inquiry as to my well being only to be put on hold by them because someone more important has just called them.
When the distinction `tween minimum and maximum speed limit has escaped the genius riding my bumper and they choose to threaten my life with 4000 lbs of chunk metal that makes them feel invincible.
When freedom without responsibilty - the indignant scream for imagined rights which are just a brainwashed mob`s latest choices made in a vacumn of personally accepted consequences replaces the bill of rights.
When whether or not something is true seems to be of no concern to the rest of the world.
When the fear of wasting any more of the limited time alotted one person for living begs to surrender to it`s own demise.
It is time to go. What you live for and die for. The same thing? Go Ride !

No comments: