Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Carrboro Sprint Duathalon




OK-so here goes with my first blog...
Thought I'd escape the monotony of marathon running and venture into the land of duathalons. My first attempt was this past weekend at the Carrboro Classic. Signed up for the Sprint distance-2.4m run, 12 mile bike, 1.2 mi run. So-running- no worries but thought I'd at least get my bike on the pavement before the event. Didn't happen so I was just hoping bike would work off the trainer in my gym :) It did! (Thanks for checking it out for me Chris!)

I met Jim Clark and his girlfriend Amy standing in the registration line wearing the TRC jersey. Nice to see someone else from Morganton. Thanks Jim for wearing the Lake James Real Estate jersey!

Race was well organized and I enjoyed it! Need to work on my transitions but overall I didn't do too bad. Placed 4th in my age group (and there were actually 11 of us!) Finished in 1:16:57. My goal was under 1:20 so I just made it.















Next year I will get the good looking guy standing next to me to do it with me! Polly

1 comment:

Jim Clark said...

Hey Polly, nice post and great pictures! Glad you met your goal and finished strong.