Monday, June 29, 2009

Blood Sweat and 1 Gear Fixed


Geezer talked me into riding the BSG , given that our only choice of riding was on a
Fixie. I stuck with my Steamroller, rolling the 42x16 gearing. Which turned out the right gear of choice for the occassion, mainly because I'm too lazy to change the gearing.
The deal breaker was hitting Richards gap @ 80 plus of nonstop pedaling on the legs. I met my goal and finished under 8 hrs. I hadn't rode the coarse in 10 years, since riding it on my old Lemond in 99. Over all it turned out to be a good day, the most fun was passing Carbon Fiber $5k 20 speeds on my trusty 4130 cromoly fixie with just a front brake. Next year I'll bring more fitness and a back brake to the Game.
The cumulative climbing elevation is 13,000+ feet, with the climb up to the gap at Snake Mountain,(photo) milepoint 63, reaching an 18-20% grade
Johnny

No comments: